About Us

Welcome to Five Amis in Deutschland! Who are we? Well, we're five Amis living in Germany. And that's Ami, pronounced AH-mee. Ami is German slang for American. We're Heather (Mama), Josh (Papa), C (my 11 year-old bookworm son), A (my 9 year-old artistic daughter) and E (my 6 year-old drama queen daughter). Josh and I are high school sweethearts from Eastern PA. After a few years of living in Michigan, he jumped at the chance to do a job swap within his company for a position in Germany. A few economic slumps and lucky coincidences later, not to mention 3 kids, we are now homeowners and have been living here for 13 years. We've grown and learned a lot over the years. Everything from getting your internet connected to buying cheese is an adventure when you're in a foreign country and don't speak much of the language. When C was a baby, I tried blogging about our life and adventures here. I didn't think anyone actually read it and when A came along, my time and energy was limited and I gave it up. Recently a friend told me how much she enjoyed reading it, so I decided to give it a go again.I don't know where it will take me or if I will stick with it, but it just might be fun! This country and its people still constantly amaze me. 
Please read the caveats of Five Amis before continuing or posting a comment, so you can see where I'm coming from. I hope you enjoy! 

Comments